BMS Professor Alexey Parshin from the Steklov Mathematical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow will teach a BMS Lecture Series on "Representation theory and arithmetic of two-dimensional schemes".
Topics will include:
1. A survey of adelic theory for two-dimensional schemes. Algebraic surfaces over finite fields and arithmetical surfaces.
2. Discrete nilpotent groups arising from the adelic groups.
3. Representations of discrete Heisenberg groups. Moduli of induced representations. Characters as Jacobi forms on the moduli spaces.
4. Harmonic analysis on discrete groups and complex tori. Poisson formula as a sum of residues. Relation with explicit formulas.
5. Applications to unramified L-functions of two-dimensional schemes.
The lectures will take place on
- 5 October 2010
- 7 October 2010
- 12 October 2010
- 14 October 2010
- 19 October 2010
- 21 October 2010
- 26 October 2010
Time: 9:30 - 11:00 am
Place: BMS Seminar room 1.023, HU Berlin
Johann von Neumann House, House I, Ground floor
Rudower Chaussee 25, 12489 Berlin